Instagram proves to be the best platform for B2B marketers in 2020 to showcase their product and take their business marketing to the next higher level. However, using it needs a strategic approach and plan to make it more effective than the traditional email marketing on which most B2B and B2C marketers rely to generate leads.
Instagram is the platform where you will find more than a billion users who are aesthetically obsessed. Therefore, it is the best platform to generate leads with well-curated posts. The best part of it is that you do not need to use it just as any other e-commerce business owner would.
However, for your benefit, there are few acts that you should know before you try to influence those Instagram users who visit it daily.
- More than 40% of the total workforce in most of the companies are millennials and
- This figure will rise to 75% in the next ten years.
In addition to this, you must also know a few interesting facts about the cost and performance so that you can make the most out of PPC marketing.
- Just last year, Instagram CPC was 80.3%
- Instagram CPM was 55% and
- Instagram CTR was high at 120% year after year.
Another interesting fact is that there is an average addition of 5% of Instagram users every quarter to its already massive number of 111 million every month. This means that the company is not showing any signs of plateauing after it has reached its billion users mark.
Moreover, when it comes to usage, do not think that these users visit their accounts now and then. Stats reveal that more than 500 million users visit their profiles daily. This means that you should not ignore this vital source to generate more leads without having to pay for Instagram views and therefore add to your ROI even more.
Reasons for its popularity
There are some significant reasons for the popularity of Instagram among B2B businesses and its extensive use.
- It is the best visual storytelling platform that enables them to show more and tell less. This makes it the best place to tell brand stories to the target audience in the most compelling, engaging, and memorable way.
- The platform allows the B2B businesses to create the best type of content according to the need of the audience. They will be able to convey their message and communicate with their users in the most productive way.
- Since more than 200 million Instagram users visit the site every day to look for at least one business profile, it makes this platform the best window to the B2B companies. There are at present more than 25 million business accounts on Instagram
The fact that this platform is the best one for the B2B owners to provide them with these specific benefits such as:
- It helps in building trust in your audience
- It encourages engagement
- It allows sharing informal and day-to-day photos of life at your company
- It will enable you to add a human touch public image
- It helps to promote transparency and
- It acts as a powerful tool to drive more traffic to your site.
Just make sure that you send DMs to show your gratitude to people liking your images. This will motivate them to come back. Also, make sure that you use a relevant link to your bio to send the users to the product page or the home page of your website.
How to make it work
Instagram will help a lot in B2B marketing, making it work correctly in these specific ways. It will align well with your B2B strategy so that you can leverage your content following a more strategic approach. It will also help you to fill the gaps, if any, in your existing marketing strategy.
You will need to make sure that you follow these specific tactics to make it work in your favor and ensure that your posts have a fresh look always:
- Show the culture of your company to humanize your brand
- Share more customer stories through images and videos
- Utilize employee advocacy either by reposting their content or through ready-made content
- Break down your products with infographics or demo videos
- Use inspirational quotes to boost motivation and
- Engage more with your followers.
Make sure that you create beautiful and unique content to diversify and inspire your target audience even more.
Instagram marketing tips
It is only a strategic approach on Instagram that will help the B2B owners to drive more traffic and generate more leads and conversions. For this, you will need to follow these tried and tested B2B Instagram marketing tips:
- Create your business profile
- Set clear goals, objectives, and strategies for this specific platform
- Determine and define success
- Make your posts unique and authentic
- Use popular and relevant hashtags
- Optimize your business profile, bio, and posts
- Identify and know your target audience
- Start with posting nine images
- Ensure quality over quantity
- Use user-generated content
- Engage more with your followers, influencers, commenters, and other brands
- Post Images with info and data
- Drive more followers to the top of the funnel
- Use Instagram ads to move them through the funnel
- Use the location filters
- Show your physical products
- Share more videos and
- Make the best use of Instagram Stories to your advantage.
All these will ensure that you gain those specific incentives for which more and more B2B marketers are moving to Instagram to use it for their marketing purposes.
Instagram is the best platform to establish a rapport with the younger as well as the future audience. It will help you to make the most out of the large section of smartphone users to reach them on the go and influence their purchasing decisions.
With more creative use of Instagram, you can drive more traffic through other streams as well. This will increase your prospects and brand awareness and make your brand more likable to the followers. All these ensure a bigger payoff from your online community.